Many homeowners take of advantage of the cooler weather of fall to conduct a comprehensive landscaping maintenance. Pruning, clipping, and trimming can quickly have you collecting volumes of yard waste. There can be an overwhelming amount of yard waste that may give you pause on how to dispose of it all. Today, we at Mickey’s Carting would like to discuss a few options to remove yard waste from your Montauk to Riverhead, Shelter Island, and the towns of the North Fork home.
1) Roll Off Dumpster Rental
An easy way to get rid of yard waste is renting a dumpster. You can schedule a drop-off time and location that’s convenient for you with a simple phone call. When you are done, you can fill the container as you work and have the bin and all your yard debris removed. You can hang onto your dumpster for a weekend or longer and clean up at your own pace with flexible rental periods. A great option for getting yard debris off your lawn quickly as well.
– For delivery or pickup, there is no need to be home.
– For as long as you need, you can keep the dumpster on-site.
– You won’t need to bag yard waste for disposal.
– Affordable rates are provided upfront.
– A guaranteed, scheduled disposal of your yard waste is scheduled.
– You need to load the yard waste into the dumpster yourself.
– Items like large stumps are not allowed in a dumpster and you will need to know the accepted materials allowed in the yard waste dumpster.
2) Waste Management Yard Waste Pickup
Another yard waste disposal option is your weekly municipal trash service. If it’s bagged up properly and left on the curb for collection day, some cities will pick up small amounts of yard debris. To learn more about accepted debris types and how it should be handled, check with your town’s refuse and recycling service.
– This yard waste removal option is a low-cost option.
– Ideal for small amounts of debris.
– Minimal extra work is involved.
– This service is not available everywhere.
– Yard waste is required to be packaged efficiently.
– To small amounts of yard debris, collection is often limited.
– Depending on the city’s schedule of removal time.
3) Hire a Junk Removal Service
Charges fees based on how much space your debris takes up in their truck since some junk removal companies can provide yard waste hauling services. You will schedule a delivery window and send out professionals who will determine the yard debris removal cost upon arrival.
– You do not have to do the heavy lifting.
– Your yard debris, offers a scheduled removal.
– Prices can be subject to change.
– You need to be around for pickup.
– Not best suited for large amounts of waste.