There are many items that cannot be recycled, upcycled, or even donated and simply needs to be thrown away. There are some waste that needs a little more care when it comes to proper disposal, though most if it is relatively harmless. The last thing you ever want to do without care is throwing spoiled, raw meat into the garbage without some prep. Since the smells can ne nauseating, you do not want to throw any type of raw meat into the trash during the summertime especially as well. For your residential waste management, we at Mickey’s Carting would like to offer some suggestions on disposing raw meat today.
How Do You Throw Away Spoiled Meat?
When you are disposing of raw meat that we have listed below, there are a few things you want to keep in mind.
1) Protect your hands before handling raw meat. Especially meat that has spoiled, make sure you protect your hands with latex gloves prior to handling raw meat. It can cause you to become sick if ingested from the excessive bacteria that is likely contained in raw meat, and that needs to be thrown away. Also, wash your hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap to avoid the spread of this bacteria, even when you wear gloves during the process.
2) Contain the expired meat together. When throwing raw meat away, leave it in its packaging. When you minimize the amount of direct meat handling, you can reduce the risk of spreading any harmful bacteria.
3) As soon as possible, dispose of rotten meat. When you place meat and its packaging in the garbage, immediately tie up the garbage bag and take it outside. Because the meat continues to spoil when you leave it inside the indoor garbage bin, your home can be caused to smell. By placing the bag inside of your outdoor garbage bin, ensure the lid is completely closed.
4) Freeze meat during hot summer months. During the summer, you are just asking for trouble when raw meat is placed in a garbage can outside. If you do, the most putrid smell you probably have ever smelled. In order to avoid this and luring a pest infestation toward your home, place all of your spoiled meat into a large food storage bag. Seal this bag and place it in the freezer until the morning of your normal garbage pickup, or night before if it is early morning.
5) Wash everything involved. Once the meat has been disposed of, be certain you wash everything that handled it with the proper cleaner. Throw out the gloves you used, wash any surfaces the meat came in contact with, and even double check where you walked to ensure no juices or blood spilled or splattered anywhere. Washing your hand thoroughly will finish off the process.
Waste Management & More in Amagansett, Aquebogue, Baiting Hollow, Calverton, Cutchogue, East Hampton, East Hampton North, Greenport, Jamesport, Laurel, Mattituck, Montauk, Nassau Point, Northville, Northwest Harbor, Riverhead, Shelter Island, Southold, Springs, Wading River, Westhampton Beach in East End of Long Island, New York
Raw meat should be handled delicately and dealt with specifically. Mickey’s Carting is happy to oblige for your residential waste management services in Montauk to Riverhead, Shelter Island, and the towns of the North Fork. Rental accounts, basement & garage clean outs, year-round & seasonal, customized schedules, back door pickup, openings & closings, senior discounts, multi day property, 98 tip carts for tight locations, free estimates, men to help with junk removal, and more are what we offer to our valued residential and commercial customers. Call us today for your residential waste management services.