While there is no better way to get rid of a large amount of waste than with a dumpster, it is important to remember that there are certain items that simply aren’t allowed in them. If you are disposing of items that aren’t allowed in a dumpster, you could be facing large fees and penalties. If you are getting ready to rent a dumpster, it is important that you understand what you can’t put inside of it to save yourself from these expensive mistakes. Mickey’s Carting is here to share the items that you can’t throw away inside of a dumpster.
What Can’t You Throw in a Dumpster?
Following is a list of things that you should always avoid putting inside a dumpster rental:
– Hazardous Materials: It shouldn’t come as a surprised that you can’t put hazardous materials inside a dumpster rental. If you aren’t sure hazardous materials would be, they are items like paint, solvents, pesticides, motor oil, and other chemicals that cause problems for landfills. It can cause polluted soil and raises the risk of polluting water sources. These materials need to be taken directly to a hazardous waste landfill.
– Tires: Tires are another item that aren’t allowed inside a dumpster because they create a fire hazard when they are thrown into landfills. If you have old tires, they need to be taken to a recycling center or turned into an auto shop so that they can be reused somehow.
– Electronics: There are many chemicals that are found in old electronics including laptops, phones and other devices. These chemicals can be dangerous to our environments when thrown into a dumpster and should always be disposed of properly at a recycle center.
– Batteries: Along the same lines as electronics, batteries shouldn’t be disposed of in dumpster either. They contain heavy metals that are dangerous when they leach into the soils at a landfill. There are several drop off locations that allow you throw them away.
– Medical Waste: Any old medications, needles, or medical equipment shouldn’t be thrown into a dumpster either. They can also harm the environment. You should consult your local pharmacy so they can direct you as to how to dispose of them properly.
– Propane Tanks: If you have an old propane tank, you shouldn’t throw it away in a dumpster. They pose a high explosive risk at landfills. There are refill stations where you can not only refill them, but drop off old containers as well.
Dumpster Rental, Waste Management & More in Amagansett, Aquebogue, Baiting Hollow, Calverton, Cutchogue, East Hampton, East Hampton North, Greenport, Jamesport, Laurel, Mattituck, Montauk, Nassau Point, Northville, Northwest Harbor, Riverhead, Shelter Island, Southold, Springs, Wading River, Westhampton Beach in East End of Long Island, New York
If you are in need of a dumpster container rental, you can turn to Mickey’s Carting. We have several different sizes to choose from depending on the size of your project or other needs. It is important that you have the right sized dumpster to ensure you don’t have to have the dumpster dumped too often. We will take care of delivery and removal once your project is completed. Call us today!