When it comes to keeping your house neat and tidy, there are several studies that have shown us how beneficial this can be for your health. It is easy to allow all of the stuff in your home to slowly build up until one day you realize it is difficult to maneuver around it all. When you take the time to get rid of the clutter that has filled up your home, it will not only make your home feel cleaner, but you will also see that is can improve your health as well. Mickey’s Carting is here to talk about some of the ways that decluttering your home can improve your health.
How Decluttering Improves Your Life
It might seem like adding another thing to your to do list isn’t something that will help your health but make you feel more stressed. However, there are many ways that decluttering can benefit you and how you feel.
– Improved Concentration: If you are trying to work in your home and the environment around you is filled with clutter, it can be difficult to concentrate on anything. You can be easily distracted in a cluttered space. When you have an organized environment, you will be able to get much more work done because your concentration is improved.
– Better Sleep: There have been studies done that show people who sleep in a room that is filled with clutter aren’t getting the same quality sleep that people who sleep in neat and tidy spaces are getting. You are at a higher risk of developing sleeping issues when your room is filled with clutter.
– Improved Mood: Shockingly enough, when you look around your house and find that things aren’t in their rightful place, it can lead to feelings of anger, sadness, and even self-deprecation. The stress hormone cortisol is found to be at its highest when the space that you’re living in is filled with high density objects. Working to remove all of the stuff in your home that isn’t necessary can help improve your mood and lower your stress.
– Let Go of the Past: It can be easy to hang on to things because they have memories attached to them. While there are some situations where this might be a good thing, there are plenty of unhealthy past circumstances that you have to let go of. When you part with belongings from your past, it can help you move forward and think about your future rather than dwell on things that have happened in the past.
– Goal Setting: There have been studies that show how important goal setting can be for your success as well. Goal setting becomes much easier when you aren’t wading through clutter.