When you’re getting ready to start a large project on your property or in your home, the best way to get rid of the debris and waste is with a dumpster rental. When you have scheduled roll off dumpster to be delivered to your home, there are a few things that you can do to make sure that that delivery goes as smooth as possible. Mickey’s Carting is here to talk about some of the things that a homeowner can do to ensure their dumpster delivery is a smooth one.
How to Prepare for Your Dumpster Delivery
Following is a list of things that you can do to make sure your dumpster delivery is a good one:
– Let Neighbors Know About Dumpster Delivery: Most people are looking for ways to be a good neighbor. If you are getting a dumpster delivered, it is always polite to let your neighbors know when it will be happening. Not only are these good manners, but it also can ensure the street is cleared so that there is room for the delivery to take place. That you want is your neighbor’s car to get in the way of your dumpster delivery. The driver will not be able to make a successful delivery unless the street has been cleared and there is plenty of room to safely deliver the dumpster.
– Clear the Area for Dumpster: Not only cars can cause problems for a dumpster delivery. You need to make sure that there is no trash or debris that is in the way as well. You don’t want to end up frantically removing debris from the space when the driver is waiting to deliver the dumpster.
– Be There when Dumpster is Delivered: While it is possible for a driver to deliver a dumpster without the customer present, being there will make the process much easier for the driver. You can explain where you want the dumpster to the company before it is delivered, but oftentimes the driver will still have questions about the exact location where you want it. If you are there, this is not a problem.
– Keep Your Phone Close Near Dumpster Delivery Time: If you know that your dumpster is getting delivered, keep your phone close in case the driver needs to contact you with questions. Even if you were at home, they might want to call and let you know that they are there rather than coming up to your front door. You never know if the driver is going to need you or not, so keep your phone close.
– Schedule Dumpster Delivery Ahead of Time: When it comes to your dumpster delivery, you want to make sure that you are having your dumpster delivered before you want to start your project. You don’t want to end up waiting around for the dumpster to be delivered. Make sure you have it delivered the day before you are getting ready to start work.