There are many things people as business and homeowners throwaway. Where most if it is relatively harmless, there are some waste that needs a little more care when it comes to proper disposal. Throwing spoiled, raw meat into the garbage is the last thing you ever want to do without care. Additionally, you do not want to throw any type of raw meat into the trash during the summertime especially since the smells can be nauseating. Today, we at Mickey’s Carting would like to offer some suggestions on disposing raw meat for your residential waste management.
How to Dispose of Raw Meat, Rancid Scraps & Packaging
There are a few things you want to keep in mind when you are disposing of raw meat that we have listed below.
1) Be sure to protect your hands. Be certain you protect your hands with latex gloves prior to handling raw meat, especially meat that has spoiled. A lot of bacteria can be contained in raw meat that needs to be thrown away, which can cause you to become sick if ingested. If you do not take the time to wash your hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap from not protecting your hands that could cause the spread of this bacteria.
2) Retain raw meat and packaging together. Leave it in its packaging when throwing raw meat away. You can reduce the risk of spreading any harmful bacteria when you minimize the amount of meat handling.
3) Dispose of expired meat as soon as possible. Immediately tie up the garbage bag and take it outside when you place meat and its packaging in the garbage. Your home can be caused to smell as the meat continues to spoil when you leave it inside the indoor garbage bin. Ensure the lid is completely closed by placing the bag inside of your outdoor garbage bin.
4) During the summer, freeze the meat. You are just asking for trouble when raw meat is placed in a garbage can outside during the summer. The most putrid smell you probably have ever smelled is created if you do. Place all of your spoiled meat into a large food storage bag to avoid this and luring a pest infestation toward your home. Until the morning of your normal garbage pickup, seal this bag, clearly mark it “Danger – Do Not Eat” and place in the freezer.
5) Everything meat touched needs to be washed. Be certain you wash everything that handled it with the proper cleaner once the meat has been disposed of. To ensure no juices or blood spilled or splattered anywhere, throw out the gloves you used, wash any surfaces the meat came in contact with, and even double check where you walked. Washing your hand thoroughly will finish off the process.
Restaurant Waste Management & More in Amagansett, Aquebogue, Baiting Hollow, Calverton, Cutchogue, East Hampton, East Hampton North, Greenport, Jamesport, Laurel, Mattituck, Montauk, Nassau Point, Northville, Northwest Harbor, Riverhead, Shelter Island, Southold, Springs, Wading River, Westhampton Beach in East End New York
In a very specific way and delicately, is how raw meat should be handled. For your residential waste management services in Montauk to Riverhead, Shelter Island, and the towns of the North Fork, Mickey’s Carting is happy to oblige. Our residential services can include customized schedules, back door pickup, rental accounts, basement & garage clean outs, year-round & seasonal, openings & closings, senior discounts, multi day property, 98 tip carts for tight locations, free estimates, men to help with junk removal, and much more. Call us today! for your residential waste management services.